Topic: External Control User Log in

Hello, this might be a pretty noob question, but I can't for the life of me not find a way to get my tcp/ip client to log a user in onto my nion6.
I got one for a house that I'm renovating and wanted to develop some Crestron Control modules using RACT2. Crestron is my main job, so it should work somehow. I did a project in nWare 2.0.0,  told my nion to use RACT2 on Port 1632 as default and deployed it, Everything seems good so far. To get my feet wet in RACT2, I did a connection with YAT, basically a terminal program. The connection is established, the help command works fine, but what user do I have to log in? Neither the superuser with no password or the defaultuser worked. I created a control user with basically all rights, but this one did not work either. So basically I'm just getting loginFailed or notLoggedIn. What am I missing? Firmware is the latest one 2.0
Thanks Jens

Re: External Control User Log in

Hello, no worries there's a bit of a learning curve to this.  After connecting with your terminal emulator program have you typed in:
li [username] (space) [password] at the prompt?

So,

li defaultuser password

Thanks,
Brett

Hi Brett, thanks for the fast reply, but sadly, that does not do the trick. It still gives me loginFailed.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon loginfailed.PNG 25.78 kb, 188 downloads since 2020-03-26 

Email me at brett.walker@peavey.com and we can set up a support call.

Thanks,
Brett

Issue was fixed by going into File>>User Accounts and enabling Network Control Access for user in Nware.

It's a 3-step program! smile

Last edited by phils (2020-05-10 02:26:29)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw