Topic: How can I use the logger device?

I don't understand format of logger device .Which information can I write in fromat of logger device box ?

Re: How can I use the logger device?

Sorry about the delay.  This is pretty obscure and we are researching it now.  I'll let you know the answer soon.

What you write in the "Format" of the Logger is what you want to see in the Remote Log of the NioNode.

For example, place a Pink Noise Generator, a Signal Presence meter and a Logger into a project.  When you place the Logger, you will be asked for Device Properties for Input Ports (use 1 for this example), Severity (use Warning), and finally for Format (put Too Loud in this box).  Now wire the generator to the Signal Presence, copy out the Presence LED and place it next to the Logger, adding a Master Wire Node.  Now wire this Master Node to the Logger.

Now when you deploy (you can't emulate, because the Remote Log is only in an actual NioNode), and you turn on and turn up the generator, the Signal Presence LED will come on, which will cause the Logger to write to the Remote Log "Too Loud" as a warning, with a time stamp.

So what this tool is for, is to allow you as the designer of a project to log directly to the Remote Log.  Now don't think you can add many, many Loggers, keeping track of all kinds of details.  That would be silly for two reasons.  You could make the NioNode so busy logging items, that it can't do it's real job, passing audio.  But also the log would start to write over itself (first in, first out), so you could never really see any real problems.

I hope this answers your question.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

One more detail, for those of you that might want to know, but don't have an available NioNode for a deploy.  Selecting Fault as the Severity does NOT cause the NioNode to Mute.  All it does is write to the log as a Fault (I checked to make sure).

One thing that I forget to mention, be sure to assign the logger to a NioNode on a multi-node project.  The compiler will place it in what it thinks is the right Node, but it may not be to you.  And, more importantly, it could be moved to another NioNode during a later deploy.

Create more then one input on the logger device but leave the format field blank.  Any time any of the inputs 'move', it will write to the log the values of all the inputs.  The format field was originally intended to allow different formatting for that logging, although I don't remember how to give it something other than static text.  Perhaps one of the engineers can chime in?

Thanks,

Joe