Topic: Combo Box Control

I want to use a combo box to control the output source for a router which works fine as long as the option values are numeric. Is there way to have a string displayed but the value of the combo box be an integer?

Re: Combo Box Control

Yes, in the Control Properties of the Combo Box, on the Style tab, and in the Options box, this is an example of what you put;

0 Off:1 Jazz:2 Country:3 Hits:4 Urban

Now lets say that you don't want one of the Combo Box Selectors to be able to select Country, you could put;

0 Off:1 Jazz:3 Hits:4 Urban

When they go to the Combo Box, they won't see a #2 Country selection, though they can still type in "2" to make that selection.  (Don't forget to Emulate).

NWare is just so cool!!

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

How do you get the Text Jazz, COuntry, etc. to display in the Combo Box as the selected source instaed of the number?

OK, you have asked for more than I can explain in the Forum...Which has forced me to complete the task that I promised the February class that I would do.

The new version of "Class Instructor Examples" is on the Alumni site.

http://downloads.peavey.com/mm/index.cf … _Materials

What you are looking for is on the Ballroom Schematic page, look inside the 4x4 Router.  And then look on the Ballroom GUI page for how I then copied and changed them for the end user.

Once you have looked over this example, post any new questions.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Hey Fergy,
very timely answer. I was trying to remember how to show someone this today!!
Thanks

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw