Topic: Custom Control Block Window Size

Hi,

I use custom control blocks extensively to make nice clearly organised npa files.

Frequently I have alot of components in the schematic tab of the block.... more than a screenful at standard 1x screen zoom.

Control Q, nicely hides all the tabs of the block, but when I come to open the block again and look at/change the schematic then WHY oh WHY when I use Control Q to view the tabs does it always open the block to a size larger than my maximum screen viewing area. This means that although the tabs are now present they are not visible, they are off the bottom of the screen, I have to reduce the size of the blocks overall window so that I can then move it up the screen to just be able to click the SCHEMATIC tab.

It would make more sense if the block expanded with a Control Q to JUST LESS than the current Nware window size rather than frustratingly JUST MORE than the current NWare window size.

Try opening and editing 100 large blocks and this becomes even more annoying.....surely I am not alone?

Re: Custom Control Block Window Size

Tucan,

As you probablly already know, the reason the child window opens so large is to display all the contents of the window.  It doen't try to go larger than NWare or your screen resolution, just slightly larger than the contents of the window.  I agree, it should probablly also try to take into consideration to not exceed the current NWare boundaries.  Good feature request!

Going for the obvious 'devils advocate' response...  have you tried putting less processes in a block?  Perhaps your processes could be seperated into smaller blocks or tabs within the block instead of all one one page so no scroll bars are needed and the window size is reduced?

Thanks,

Joe