Topic: Multiple files on nion

I cant seem to have more than one option on the nion. When I connect with a kiosk laptop the only project is the last one I deployed. Any ideas?

Re: Multiple files on nion

Not sure I understand the problem.  Why are you wanting to connect to a project that is no longer deployed and running?

The only thing I can think you are trying to do is connect to more than one group of pages?  Perhaps you are wanting to expose a group of GUI pages for Techs and another group of pages for End-users???

If I've guessed right, this is done by creating new User Accounts, assigning them the page groups you want them to see.  Now those users log into the proper account so they can see the pages you want them to see.

Did I guess correctly?

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Im sorry that was so broad and unclear.
I am wanting to use this nion in an amp rack that I use either in my home theater or on a band stage. One file for each since the hookups are different.

It seems like I have one project for each. I think I name the Role name in one project r Nion#1 and #2 in the other? If I dont I overwrite each one when I load the other.

The problem that I really struggle with is getting a new project on the Nion. Seems like if I open one in nware then deploy it I get an assignment error and if I use the upload and connect it wont take my password.

I wish I could just "browse" to the Nions hard drive and drop these project files on it.

It would be nice for it to work that easy...  But what happens if just one bit is wrong?  You could end up with the Big Bang Theory happening.  So we use a a very robust data checker called Corba, which is actually the most common used protocol by software/firmware engineers for a task such as this.

But that said, it is also the most common issues that you describe, that Corba has been corrupted.  Because Corba actually resides on the Application Layer of your NIC (look up the seven layers of the OSI Model), the best way to clear the problem is to reboot your computer (restarting most times does not "refresh" Corba with a clean version running on your NIC).

Finally, in cases such as yours, could you combine your two projects into one, and then use routers on the input and output ends to change the signal path from one task to the other???

Good luck,
Fergy

2 2" jbl 2445's at full boat because of some ones and zeros not lining up right would be a problem lol. Seems like its always layer one ( guess who's an IT supervisor that started with Cisco as my associates lolol.)

I will try rebooting everything and bringing it back up. Currently I can't upload a project and there's nothing on the nion.

I used to be good at this back when I sold them.
getting this error after trying to deploy a test project.

Project: test2
Role: NION #1
Audio: off : exception assigning role: SystemException (VMCID != TAO_DEFAULT_MINOR_CODE) : system exception, ID 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/TRANSIENT:1.0' OMG minor code (2), described as 'No usable profile in IOR.', completed = NO

Audio: off : exception assigning role: SystemException (VMCID != TAO_DEFAULT_MINOR_CODE) : system exception, ID 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/TRANSIENT:1.0' OMG minor code (2), described as 'No usable profile in IOR.', completed = NO

Corba...  there's your sign.  reboot your computer, sometimes (but rarely) reboot the NION, and I'm 96.7% sure it will go the next time.

Fergy