Topic: trouble with a generic control - not working thru project linking

I am working on a project I am wanting to use a generic button in one project to trigger a mute in another project using project link. I have the project link working, as I have volume controls passing information from 1 project to the other. The device I am having trouble with is the button. I created a generic control boolean button using the default values of 0 and 1. This button can trigger and work a mute in it's own project fine, but it does not go thru the project link and will not control the mute in the other project.

Thoughts?
Gary

Re: trouble with a generic control - not working thru project linking

Hey Gary, a project linker Server device with a Boolean wired to read 1 will end up being either a true or a false string value on the project linker client in project 2.  It will not transmit a 1 or 0 value to the other end, which is what is needed in order to turn on or off a mute button.  If you wire a Boolean on the client side to read 1, and then wire it to a mute button, you'll be able to turn the mute button on or off from the Boolean on the server side.  Try this out and let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Brett

Thanks Brett. Got it. i had to wire a boolean device to the read side with Master and Slave properties and wiring it to the mute I wanted to control. Thanks !

Great!  Glad you figured it out.