Topic: Snapshot loses values

Has anybody seen a Snapshot device that is working fine, but when disemulate and then emulate all the saved values disappear?
It may be that this project has too many Snapshots (62) and I've just gone over some invisible line.
The Snapshot works properly in a small test file, but when copied (or recreated) in the real project I get this problem. Other Snapshots still work.

Thanks

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Snapshot loses values

Anytime a snapshot device is copied and pasted into another program, the values will be "null".  That is because there are no values of this device in the Global Default Preset, so they are now "null".  (I know, I know, you just clicked on "Save Default Settings", but the cells were really null when you did the save, even though there were values shown).

The workaround would be;
In Edit Mode, select the cells and go to Device Properties.  Turn on the "Control Accepts User Input".
Now after emulation and/or deploy, and in Gesture Mode, highlight the working controls and do a Copy.  Now go to the "empty" cells, and highlight--paste.

That said, I've seen this before, but just "worked" around it.  Now we're going to add to the Feature Request list that Snapshot values should copy/paste, as well as being able to define as a Plug-in.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention,

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

I get that a Snapshot copy won't have values, but what I'm getting is just one (of 61) Snapshots in my project that loses its values when I Disemulate then Emulate.
I've tried putting in a new one, rather than copying, and also forcing Settings, Save Default etc.
This project has been running happily for years; I added one Snapshot - all good; added a second and get this problem.
We're working in 1.6.1f for site history reasons, but I've tried it in 1.7.2 with same results.
Confused...

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Very usual.  For you, this is a "is it plugged in" question, but I must ask; any chance there is a sub-preset causing this to return to no value?

Send it in, I'll take a look.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Something to add here... I've discovered that if a Snapshot is connected to a level control, and that level control has a control alias, the Snapshot loses its values on an emulate or compile.