Topic: Device Placement

Hello, I am trying to add a signal to a somewhat large project and when I compile it fails because the memory usage of DSP A in the Nion n6 wants to go to 103%.
The D,E and F dsp chips seem to have a lot of spare capacity so I assigned a device to F and then the project would compile.
Everything seems to be in order, I am however looking for assurance that I didn't somehow jeopardize the functionality of my system. It runs a critical application.
Regards
Pedro

Re: Device Placement

It sounds like you have locked all algorithms down, not allowing the compiler to place things on the DSP engine except as "hard assigned".

There may be a real reason that all must be locked (though I can't think of any ), so I don't have any idea how it could impact your project...

Is there a reason this was done?

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Hi Fergy,
On a related note, is there any way to find all devices whose placement is hard assigned?
(obviously apart from looking at them one by one!)
Cheers,
Phil

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

No, but it would be a good feature.  I will discuss with our engineer and see it we can get it on the feature request.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.