Topic: XControl LCD

I've got it connected in parallel with an XControl 4x4.  The 4x4 seems to work well enough, but the LCD throws a "LAST ERROR: bad start of message" on the Nion n3.

It's set as ID 5.

Am I missing something?

Re: XControl LCD

Check the baud rate.  It should be 19200

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Also, the end of the RS-485 string should be terminated. If the XControl 4x4 is at the end, the 120 Ohm resistor that was included with the 4x4 should be across the Data + and Data - terminals. If it is the XControl LCD that is at the end of the line, there is a switch that can be activated to terminate the line.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Baud rate is set, termination is set, it doesn't seem to make a difference.  The XControl 4x4 is perfectly happy.  Just not the LCD.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon nion.JPG 32.09 kb, 388 downloads since 2015-08-21 

Right click on the NION object in NWare, then select "Device Properties..."
What is selected for COM1?

It should be PASHA/XControl.

It should not be PASHA/Legacy.

Thanks for the photo clue.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

It is set for PASHA/XControl.  I've tried both settings though.  Again, the XControl 4x4 works just fine.

Last edited by abideejay (2015-08-25 01:21:25)

You have to deploy the file if you change those properties. The reason is because it is a device property and not the value of a control. Change it to PASHA/XControl, save the file and deploy it to the NION. The file should go through the Check and Compile process before jumping to the Role Deployment screen.

If it does not do the Check and Compile step, the new configuration will not be loaded. You should try deploying again, this time hold down the Shift key on your keyboard when clicking the Compile button to force it to compile.

How far is the cable run to the XControl LCD? What kind of cable are you using to connect the XControl LCD? What about the XControl 4x4?

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Right now, the system is sitting in my living room, so the cable lengths are minimal.  There is probably 10' of shielded cable between the n3 and the 4x4 and then another 6' or so of standard cat5e between the 4x4 and the LCD.

Time to get direct support.

Send us the project first;
mmtechsupport@peavey.com

Include your contact information, so we can give you a call.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.