Topic: Nion changing file itself???

This is a strange one: I got called out today to a theme park attraction that uses 7 x Nion n6 (1.6.1f). Problem as described was that sounds were coming out of all the wrong speakers. Everything was working fine otherwise, no errors, just the routing was all mixed up.

Turns out the Nions were running a wrong file. We re-deployed the correct / latest file, and all was then OK. But nobody knows / admits to how the Nion file could have changed. We can't even find the "wrong" file on the programming PC. Very strange...

My question: Is there ANY way a 7 x Nion configuration could have automatically "reset" to an older file, without manually deploying via a PC? Like it freaked out and found an old file on its disk and loaded that? But how would it deploy to all 7 Nions? They were all running the same file.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Martin

Re: Nion changing file itself???

Watching "Elementary" last night I caught a quote that is relevant here:
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Over my years of Tech Support, it's amazing how often users break down under (gentle) cross-examination wink

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Nion changing file itself???

The project files are deleted before loading a project to ensure the maximum amount of disk space is available for loading a new project.  Even if they were not deleted the main project files have the same names so would overwrite the old files.
It is in theory possible to ftp project files onto a Nion, 7 of them would be tricky, so I would use Occams razor and come to the same conclusion as Phil.
One thought is that there maybe another PC somewhere with NWare on it.