Topic: CM- 1

Hi,
I have connected and configured cobranet between a Nion Nx and Nion N3.
Everything seems right when I checked CM-1 tab. ( all LEDs litted for Link and TX (in Nx CM-1 tab) and Link, Tx,Rx (in N3 CM-1 tab)
I keyed in the bundle number ( 1500) in Nx Bundle 1 Output and the same in NionN3 Bundle 1input..

But the "active" led light didn't lit up

I'm at site right now and cracking my head trying to solve this..

Any help is much appreciated .

Thanks
Kumar

Re: CM- 1

Hi Kumar,

Your best bet would be to contact your local MediaMatrix support personnel to have them help you sort out the issues you are experiencing.

Let's get the fundamental details out of the way first.
1. The CobraNet cards in your NIONs should be connected to each other by a network switch. A Gigabit network switch would be preferred, but the CM-1 cards will still only operate at 100Mb speed anyway. So a 100Mb network switch would be acceptable as well.
2. Are there any other CobraNet devices on your network? If there are and one of them is already using bundle number 1500, you will need to select a different bundle number.
3. The CobraNet latency configuration for each of the NIONs needs to be set the same. They should both be set to 48kHz / 5.333ms. This can be found in the device properties of the NION devices in your project.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios