Topic: change a cobranet bundle "on the fly" with external control?

Hello!

With nion nE, is it possible to change a cobranet bundle on the fly, externally, with the RATC,RATC2,PASHA or other protocol?

If I have four 8channel bundles coming in from cobranet, can I change for example one of them to another?

Could I use the Python functions to handle this inside the Nion?

Thanks already!

Re: change a cobranet bundle "on the fly" with external control?

I can't go into all the details right now, but you could probably use RATC2 to control elements of the Advanced Subnet Mapping in the CAB devices within NWare.
that way the "routing" would happen in the CAB16i, placing audio on specific channels in a smaller number of bundles.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: change a cobranet bundle "on the fly" with external control?

Yes, you can absolutely change bundle numbers directly with RATC, RATC2, or PASHA. I would highly recommend using RATC2 as you can just send the specific bundle number you want to change it to.

You just need to right click on the control, switch to the "Wiring" tab, and enter a Control Alias. You will then be able to directly address the control alias with RATC2 and specify a bundle number with the external control system. You will want to be sure to read up on RATC2 in the NWare External Control User Guide, they also cover how to assign Control Aliases to controls in that book.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios