Topic: Master/Slave/Peer wiring question

Hello all-
We have a project that contained multiple stereo inputs. In our project we have these left/right inputs wired in a peer relationship being controlled by one floating control as the master. I recently updated the firmware to 1.6.6b and now the master floating controller does not control the left/right inputs anymore. When I remove the peer relationship the master controls work fine. Was this a change in the master/slave/peer relationship in this update? I've figured out a work around but I am curious. I attached a picture of the currently faulty wiring below, this configuration did work fine before I updated and I really don't understand why it does not work anymore.
Thank you

I can see this relationship works in emulating other projects. I've tried replacing the floating control, repasting the source faders for the stereo control...this is a bit strange and frustrating. I might just revert back to my older project since when I emulate that everything works.

Last edited by decibel001 (2014-02-14 20:46:20)

Re: Master/Slave/Peer wiring question

Hi there!

No, there have been no changes that I am aware of in how the master/slave/peer wiring rules are applied.

Also, I can't see the image you were going to attach, so I can't comment on it at all.

Generally speaking, however... I will set up a generic "Level" control set as master and use it for the user interface. Then I will enable the slave wiring nodes on the controls to be manipulated (you know, the ones out of the mixer or gain control) and wire from the master to each slave.

Have fun and good luck.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Thanks for the info Josh, that sounds a bit like my work around. I just noticed there have been a few firmware updates since the one I installed. Gonna give that a shot. if not then master/slave it is minus the conversation smile

Please remember, when you are updating a system from an older version of firmware to a newer version, be sure to read the release notes of all versions newer than your older version so you can try to find what pit-falls you may encounter while executing the update.

Also, you will want to do the update in the following manner:
1. Delete the roles from your devices.
2. Update the firmware in your devices.
3. Open the project file in the new version of NWare.
4. Go to Tools > Update all out of date devices and allow the system to update the devices in your project file.
5. Save the project file with an updated name.
6. Deploy the updated project file to your devices.

Have fun and good luck!

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios