Topic: Subchannel mapping on Cab16i makes errors. 1.6.5

Dear All,

3 weeks ago, I did some modification of NPA file in Everland Theme Park in Korea, and at that time i had to send Cab16i's input signals to 4 different places.
So i turned 'Advanced Subchannel Mapping' on and put 4 different bundle numbers with 4 channels of audio each. so total 16 channels audio to 4 different places.
Just after deploying the file was ok, however just few hours later, cobranet errors started to go high..and about 1 day later, cab16i gave up to send any audio signal until power recycling it.
Nion's Log file had nothing but notice of disconnection of cab16i.

I though maybe something did go wrong with network gears so my guys checked all the network gears in 18 different amp rooms. but they could not find any major problem.

I spend a lot of time to fix this cobranet errors in 3 weeks..
and i found that..I could fix the problem only when i unchecked the 'Advanced Subchannel Mapping' option.

Did i do something wrong?
or Just i have lack of information about Advanced Subchannel mapping of Cab16i?
What are the limitations of Cab16i's Subchannel Mapping?
Sending 4 bundles is too much job for CM2?

I am using 1.6.5 version nware.
All the units are updated including the npa file.

Re: Subchannel mapping on Cab16i makes errors. 1.6.5

Hi,

What devices are you sending audio to? - Physical Amplifiers or Cab devices (8-o, 16-o, 4n) ?

Cheers,

Lee

to the 4 nions
all of 4 nion's cobranet error counts go high after few hours, but rest of nions are fine..(They are using 12 nions)

smile

Last edited by Sharpsonic (2013-01-25 00:15:46)

Have you tried another CAB 16i?  Though what you are doing should be easily done by the CAB CobraNet card, it still sounds like you are exhausting the CobraNet card's Host Processor.  Maybe there is a problem with this unit.

That's my best guess.  If you try another CAB, and you still have the problem, send us your project, and we'll take a look.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

There are 3 cab16i s and all of them are same...

One unit sends 4 bundles to 4 different places,
another one sends 4 bundles to 4 different places with fewer channels
the last one sends 3 bundles to 3 different places with about 10 channels..

They were all same

If the others work properly with sub-channel mappping, and this one doesn't, then I suspect a hardware problem. 

If none of them work, then it is a network (which you have checked, and see no problems) or it is a software problem.

Whichever is the case, this is now a Tech Support issue, and so is not a topic for the Forum (other than posting the solution later).

Send us the project, Mr D, and we'll help you take a look at what may be going on.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

I went to Everland yseterday and so far everything is fine..no more errors
I will send you the project file without wave files and GUI pages