Topic: Sending audio between pages in N-Ware

Title basically says it. I'm drawing a blank since I had the training and can't quite recall how to do this.

I have a DSP block on page 1 of the design, and want to send it to a different page, how do I go about this? Does it involve flyoffs I suspect?

Thanks!

Re: Sending audio between pages in N-Ware

Yes it does. Flyoffs will allow you to get your signal from one page to another page with the greatest of ease.

Remember, to create new flyoffs:
1. Switch to wiring mode.
2. Click on an object as if you were going to wire it to another object and pull away.
3. While still holding down the left mouse button from step 2, click the right mouse button.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Hmm. I did that, but I still can't seem to get them to "Connect" to each other. Do they need the same name? (that's what I tried)

Yes, the flyoffs must have EXACTLY the same name for them to allow the audio to travel from one to another. Be sure you have one flyoff connected to a signal source (output of a device, the right side), and the other end connected to a signal destination (input of a device, the left side).

I have attached an example project file to this message that shows how you can use flyoffs to move the audio from one page to another. Have a look and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon UsingFlyoffs.npa 84.56 kb, 594 downloads since 2012-01-10 

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Got it. Silly mistake on my part...again. Thanks.

It is not a problem. We are all entitled to a few silly mistakes from time to time. ;-) I know I make more than my fair share.

I'm glad to hear that you have it working correctly.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios