Topic: Filter response displays in Kiosk

When using a filter and attempting to view the "Response" window through Kiosk, it does not work. I found this originally with parametric EQ's and then looked into the high- and low-pass filters.

To me, the ideal kiosk interface for the parametric EQ would be to use the Response window. Even better would be if it were possible to slave the response windows together, which I suppose could be done by simply peer wiring all the controls in the EQ with another EQ, too.

So, response window does not work in Kiosk.

plz fix.

thx.

-Josh

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Re: Filter response displays in Kiosk

Works for me.  I need more details on how to duplicate this.

cwa wrote:

Works for me.  I need more details on how to duplicate this.

Hmmm.... and now it is working for me as well. How about that! Your thoughts have made it work again...

Thanks!

While we are on the subject of these cool response displays, however...  there are a couple of things I would like to see adjusted with them. These devices do not have "Control Properties".

1. I would like to be able to adjust the size of them by adjusting the pixel count in the "Control Properties" box. I can click and drag the sides, top, and bottom to size it, but just entering a pixel count would be very handy.

2. I would like to be able to switch the cursor on and off in the "Control Properties" box.

3. I would like the precision required to grab and adjust a filter to be opened up or perhaps able to be specified. Trying to hit the thing just right to operate it even with a mouse is difficult at best.

4. When a many band parametric EQ is used, the buttons across the bottom of the display area become too wide to fit in the window, so they are truncated. You can not slide to the right to select them. This does require a large number of filters, though... so it is certainly not that critical.

Thanks!

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Feature requests noted!

As a workaround for point 4, the response window can be enlarged and then you can also resize the graph to make it larger, and hence show all the buttons.