Topic: npa file association

I had to install NWare 1.4.3 on my machine for some user training (having had a hardware rebuild, so lost all older versions, and now had only 1.5.3a installed).
Opening a .npa from Windows Exploiter now opens in 1.4.3, which is not unexpected.

But when I go to Open With..Choose Program, and Browse to ...NWare 1.5.3a\NWare.exe, it still opens in 1.4.3. I've tried re-installing 1.5.3a, but that didn't seem to do it.

It would also be nice if the different versions showed up as more explicit than "NWare Application".

Thanks

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: npa file association

Phil

You can change the .npa file association.
In Explorer click on 'Tools', then 'Folder Options'.
Select the 'File Types' Tab
Scroll down until you see NPA  (Actuallt pressing the 'p' key will get you most of the way there
Highlight the NPA line and click on the 'Advanced' button
Highlight the 'Open' line and click on the 'Edit' Button
Change the path of and save what gets executed when an NPA file is double clicked or opened.

Nihilism is best done by professionals

Re: npa file association

Thanks Steve,

I'd forgotten that (wrongly assumed that the similar dialogue associated with Open With would perform the same function).
Doh!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw