Topic: Control Properties/ "Tachometer"

I've found out that in 1.5.3 the option for an object setup as a tachometer now has the option of selecting orientation. It's nice that this option has been added but shouldn't the default be "Horizontal" and the option vertical? I have pushed the new 1.5.3 to all systems and found out after the fact. This would eliminate the need to go back and edit each devices orientation.

Re: Control Properties/ "Tachometer"

Hi Eric-

I think I have a tendancy to agree with you. The previous version of NWare that I checked (1.5.1) defaulted the orientation of this to be horizontal. Now it defaults to vertical with the option to be horizontal. Also, the "Show gain labels" check box does not do anything.

So, I see two issues here:
1. The default orientation of the object should remain the same between different versions.
2. The "Show gain labels" check box does not show nor hide anything when it is checked / un-checked.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
btw- NWare 1.5.3a is on the website

Also, Right-Click > "Copy/Paste Control Style" is your friend when dealing with something like this.

Thanks!

-Josh

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Yup, an error on our part.  New features should not change the way older project files display.  We're working on a fix.

It seems that "show gain labels" doesn't work on any of the forms of meter in 1.5.3a. The meter changes width to allow space for labels, but not visible.

I've just gone back to 1.5.2 and 1.4.4, and still don't see gain labels. I'm sure it used to work. I've just had my PC rebuilt, and am gradually re-installing (in reverse order) older versions of NWare. Could something be broken at the Windows level?

Looking back at old files, I realise that a Meter device has gain labels that work, but changing a level control to a meter doesn't.

Thanks,

Last edited by phils (2009-11-18 23:59:18)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw