Topic: NWare 1.5.3 offically released

NWare 1.5.3 has been officially released.

You can download the complete NWare suite here:
<link removed>

Or, if you just need NWare:Kiosk, it can be found here:
<link removed>

But, whatever you do, be certain to download and read the release notes for this version. They can be found here (in PDF form):
http://mm.peavey.com/assets/tech_notes/ … es_602.pdf

If you are interested in all of the release notes from all previous versions of NWare, they can be found here:
http://www.peaveyoxford.com/kc/NWare%20 … 0Notes.pdf

The Knowledge Base has been updated to reflect this release.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks and have fun!

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Re: NWare 1.5.3 offically released

Woo Hoo!!
Thanks Josh

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

We have discovered an issue with 1.5.3...

If you select several Controls with different styles (Button-Wide-Up, Button-Wide-Down, etc), and then go to and try to make a global changes (for example, turn off "Control Accepts User Input"), NWare will experience an expected shutdown, which will lose all previous unsaved work.

It is suggested, that until we can discover the cause and resolve this problem, that either NWare 1.5.2 or earlier be used to do programming or you should be diligently aware of this issue if you continue to use NWare 1.5.3.

And remember, NOW is always a good time to save.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Fergy wrote:

We have discovered an issue with 1.5.3...

A fix for the issue has been found. I will post an update when the new installer is available (which should be very soon).

If you have an IMMEDIATE NEED I can email you an updated .DLL file that will fix your current installation of NWare 1.5.3. Otherwise, keep on using 1.5.3 with the understanding that you should not edit the control properties of more than one type of control at a time.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios