Topic: Nware 1.2.6 Flyoff Wiring Bug

I've been unable to reproduce this one.  Can anyone help?

----------------------------
Charles,

Nware 1.2.6 Flyoff Wiring Bug

I copied and pasted some flyoffs that were connected to Nion analogue inputs, along with those input flyoffs. I then deleted the input flyoffs leaving my 'pb.' flyoffs. When I then tried to wire them to a device they wired OK but from teh wrong end, as below for the pb.input.stage.l and pb.input.stage.aux.2 and pb.input.stage.3  flyoffs :-

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=1142befd5c7f7247

When I copied and pasted them again exactly as before they wired correctly as in the lower group of flyoffs above.

The only thing that was diffeent was, that with the original copy and paste operation I did it several times and undid it with CtrlZ every time.

Regards

James Gordon
------------------------
COMS
T - +44 (0)1732 740122
E - james@coms.uk.com

Re: Nware 1.2.6 Flyoff Wiring Bug

I'm not sure if this is the answer, because we are missing the gmail that seems attached to the post...But.

After wiring up your flyoff to nodes, you select a flyoff, and then press the "tab" key, you will move the flyoff from "front" side of a flyoff to the "back" side of a flyoff.  If you press the "tab" again, the wire will move to the middle.  This enables you to wire a flyoff to an end other than the "default" end of the flyoff, and lock it there.

After you use the tab, and then move the flyoff around the screen, you will notice that the wire no longer moves from front to back, depending on which end is closer.  It is now locked to either the front, middle, or back end of the flyoff.

I had this happen once, and it took me forever to figure out what I had done.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.