Topic: Sub Channel Mapping in CAB 8o

Hi

Using Nware 1.4.4 and CAB 8o's I have been trying to get sub channel mapping to work for me. The CAB control in this system is from Conman 1.2.5.

I have come across 3 'features'.....

1. When sub channel mapping is NOT enabled for the CABS then any exiting sub channel mapping on the CABs is NOT overwritten with the defult set of mappings. To clear it requires a CAB power cycle. Takes a while to work out what is happening in this case!

2. When using CAB 8o sub channel mapping I can not get a signal to map to the 8th output of the CAB 8o. It does not illuminate the front panel meters although it 'takes' fine in the CAB control block. All other channels can be allocated OK

3. I have a situation where I have 6 zones so want to transmit a multicast bundle (201) to everywhere and then use CAB sub channel mapping to control the CABs to pick up the correct channels. I have 8 amps connected to each CAB rather than using an audio DA they are wired to each output, however there is no way for me to allocate more than 4 channels of a bundle to 4 physical CAB outputs....and even this is done by entering the bundle number 4 times over in the CAB sub channel mapping block. I SHOULD be able to achieve this using  one line of the mapping block for one bundle and doing the mapping within that row....... just as you could in MediaMatrix.

The work around for 3 (NOT the solution!) is to go back to unicasting to each CAB and achieve the exact same sub channel mapping in the Nion advanced cobranet interface. but I think the right way to do it is to allow this flexibility in the CAB sub channel mapping itself

Re: Sub Channel Mapping in CAB 8o

After some more testing and some good detective work by Peavey UK, the conclusion is that there is a problem with Sub Channel mapping (to CAB 8o's) at least in Conman 1.2.5. This is the problem seen in point 2 above.

In summary, there is a problem with CAB 8o subchannel mapping in Conman 1.2.5 when deployed from Nware 1.4.4, in that Channel 8 of a bundle CAN NOT be sub channel mapped when the CAB is located on conman ,but CAN be subchannel mapped when the device is located on a Nion (1.4.4 and Cn 2.9.16 rev3).

Interestingly this is the same problem that existed in NWare 1.2.5 on Nions, which was subsequently fixed in later versions of NWare. However as there is no later version of Conman (Ideally I need Conman 1.4.4) that is why this problem exists, it is after all a known bug.