Topic: CAB4N with MWare

How can a CAB4N be used in MWARE?  I can use software to change IP and bundles numbers, but I have no gain controls or GPIO control.  What to do?

E.B.A.  It's a way of life!

Re: CAB4N with MWare

You could get ConMan, now referred to, but still not advertised on the website as NControl.

All kidding aside, there is no direct support for CAB 4n in MWare.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

The documentation says that is can be used with a mini and main frames.  Is there plan for the future?  If so, when?  If not, why?

Sorry, we have tried to find and remove all of those references.  The CAB 4n has too many variables to build a device for MWare, so there is no plan to support this in the future.

Scott

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Lardog20 wrote:

The documentation says that is can be used with a mini and main frames.  Is there plan for the future?  If so, when?  If not, why?

Please tell me where you saw this so I can find it and eradicate it.

Thanks!

-Josh

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

You may wish to detail the level of incompatibility rather than a simple statement to the effect of "Don't cross the beams!!". The CAB4n indeed cannot be controlled by an MWare project, but it can quite happily exchange CobraNet audio with a suitably equipped Mainframe/Miniframe.

CAB 4N manual V0.2 page 13 paragraph 5.  Downloaded from the the downloads tab on the Media Matrix website.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Lawrence. I guess we will add that to the list of other issues with the CAB 4n documentation.

Jason is exactly correct... because the CAB 4n is a CobraNet device, it can receive and transmit CobraNet information just like any other CobraNet device. You could possibly use a slew of CAB 4n's around a facility to transmit audio to a MainFrame or MiniFrame with CobraNet cards in them, but the Frames will not be able to control the CAB 4n's at all. If you wanted to use a single NION or an nControl for these purposes, you would be able to do all the control of the CAB 4n's from NWare. This would not exactly be a pretty solution, but if you wanted to slowly migrate from an old MainFrame/MiniFrame based system to a NION based system, it would work really well.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios