Topic: ExpressionLabel icon doesn't

If this icon can't be made to work (it hasn't for several releases) could it be removed?

Also if I FIND flyoffs, there are several right-click options including some great renaming ones. (Andy, when you doc flyoffs, it would be good to mention this - when the customer changes CD3 to Satellite, it would be cool to rename throught the file.
However AutoNumber found flyoffs doesn't work, and the name suggests it's been there for quite a while.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: ExpressionLabel icon doesn't

WOW, this feature request was never in the release notes of being provided....Thanks Phil, for bringing it to our attention.

The feature request was to be able to rename all of the flyoffs in a project at the same time, and I was asked again for this in the February class.  So I should have said it is already done, instead of "hopefully soon".

So the process, to complete Phil's bringing this feature to our attention, is this;

Click on the flyoff that you wish to find (whether to re-name, or to just find all instances of the flyoff), and then move your mouse pointer away and right click (as you will see, when you left click, the re-naming box of just that Flyoff opens).

Click Find, which will open your "find" dialog box.  Click the down arrow, and you will see the available selections for the find.  Click on "Flyoffs by Name", and the actual Flyoff name should be filled in for you.  Click OK, and NWare should open the "Find Results" tab of the Output Frame.  If not, the Output Frame is the frame that goes across the bottom of the screen, that when open, is where the "Report" tab is also found (the DSP usage, the Remote Log tab, etc.).  If it does not open, you can go to View in the toolbar, and select "Show Ouput Frame" and then open the Find Results tab.

Now you can right click in the open space of the Output Frame to find the new features that Phil mentions.

But though Phil also found an a "minor issue" in the feature that needs to go on the bug list (another is that renaming and replace text is the same thing, right?), this will be a big help when the client comes to you saying "those meeting rooms that number 201 to 220, left to right from the back of house.  Well, we need to change those to left to right from the front of house".  Fixing this could now take just a day, instead of the week that it took me before...

NWare is just so cool!!

Scott

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Maybe this post should move to Hints/Tips??
Further to Rename v Replace Text:
if Find supported wild cards here (as it does in find exported pages, but I haven't tried it yet) then you could Find all the "Mens Bathroom.x.y" flyoffs by searching for "Mens Bathroom*" (or whatever wildcard works) then Replace Text "Bathroom" to "Dunny", to translate from American to Australian. This would then give the whole set of flyoffs "Mens Dunny.x.y".

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

You are right, wildcards (*) work.  So you could do exactly as you say.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.