Topic: Meters Gain Labels Bug

I have just discovered that when I create a meter from a generic level control, it has no gain labels or ticks, even though the SHOW GAIN LEVELS box is ticked in the items Control Proerties.

Seems like a bug to me!

Re: Meters Gain Labels Bug

I have confirmed this.

Also, if you use the tach meters, no labels appear even when the box it ticked.

The gain labels don't appear because none are defined by the control itself. To make them appear select the control and goto the inspector window, edit the ctl_options string and type something like 20:10:0:-10:-20, this will make the labels appear on the control. However, they will only be evenly spaced and not relate to the actual value of the control. The advisable way to go about this for the time being is to decide on an even spacing and type your values manually so that the spacing will match the position of the control. (Always do these in descending order)

eg. for a meter from -35 to +20 use

20:15:10:5:0:-5:-10:-15:-20:-25:-30:-35

If you convert a gain control to a meter, the range the meter will match the range of the gain control, -100 to +18.  To properly label this, you need to come up with the sequence of values ranging from -100 to +18.  Note that the gain knob is not linear, hence the exact values will need to be experimentally determined.

Unfortunately this doesn't help the tachometer...

Thanks Mat, for the answer.  Let me add that you could bring a meter in, copy the values from this original meter, and then paste them to the generic control.  If you are building a generic meter that has a different set of values, then copy to Wordpad or Word, and then edit the values and copy these into the ctl_options string block until the meter reads correctly.  You could use a tone generator to help you get values correct.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.