Topic: pdf causes crash

I just clicked on a pdf icon in HELP, and NWare1.4.3 crashed. I tried several of the pdf icons: all same result.
I tried it in 1.4.2 - same result (guess I hadn't done that before, as I'd printed off the KC on the web, which is ok).
I'm running Adobe Reader 9, on XP SP3.
Anyone else seen this?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: pdf causes crash

Yes, this is a new problem, I will let Oxford know...Thanks, Phil.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Thanks very much, Phil. We're looking into this right now. The problem is only manifested with Adobe 9: previous versions of Reader or Acrobat seem to work fine. There is a choice of two workarounds:

1 - use a version of Adobe Reader prior to 9;

2 - use the regular help file pages instead of the PDF. The content is the same.

That explains why I hadn't noticed it with 1.4.2; I only recently updated from Adobe Reader 7. Aren't free updates great?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw