Topic: Help with unmuting an input momentarily using GPIO and remote button

I am trying to figure out how to unmute an input (mic from our stage manger) using GPIO . The guys have a physical button and we would like to wire it to a GPIO so when the stage manager hits the button, it unmutes his annce mic to the house. I know, seems simple, but I can't figure out how to trigger the unmute when it senses the voltage or what not that will come in when they hit their remote button.
we were going to use the HCO pin so we could disable the power if needed and then use a GPIO for the return but it needs to sense the voltage and then trigger the unmute.

Re: Help with unmuting an input momentarily using GPIO and remote button

Odd question but what type of physical button do the guys have?  latching/momentary - sp/dp?

Also - does that specific mic input get muted when the system first comes online ?

Cheers,

Lee

I am assuming momentary and assuming sp. (they have it under a security cover also) I am in PA and they are in MO. The system stays on all the time so it stays in it's current state. Right now our FOH Op can unmute it if needed via their Kiosk page.  The mic is coming line level from a Riedel base station fed from their headset mic. Currently they press a button for it on the Riedel to be a GOD mic to the hallways and dressing rooms but they don't always trust the Riedel buttons (sometimes they stick) and have put a button on the desk for him to hit to annce to the house in case of emergencies for us to wire in.
  I gave him a Kiosk to Go web page button (pretty easy to me) but he does not like the web page. (don't know why). I could always just have the audio go through the button but I don't know if it will be noisy or not when opening or closing. Was hoping we could do it with the GPIO somehow.

Here are two solutions; one uses a momentary switch as you ask, but also allows control from a Kiosk page.  The other is simply a on/off toggle switch, which then goes to a logic device in NWare to reverse state (mute when switch is off, unmuted when switch is on)

Fergy

Post's attachments

Attachment icon GPIO Mute Control.npa 41.85 kb, 570 downloads since 2016-08-19 

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Thanks Scott! I also couldn't figure out the reverse mute part of it.