Topic: Kiosk Shortcut - discovering fs_man for project

I am setting up Kiosk shortcuts to connect automatically. I have 2 projects on a network and 1 works great while the other one hangs on "discovering fs_man for project ..." and just sits there. Here are my shortcuts

Working
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMatrix\NWare 1.7.2\NWare.exe" /personality=nware_kiosk /user=Audio /pass= /open="MT Paging 102115 172"

Not Working
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMatrix\NWare 1.7.2\NWare.exe" /personality=nware_kiosk /user=Audio /pass= /open="MT Nion Main Space 103115 172"

Both have the same username and password. I can connect to both of them manually opening Kiosk and selecting either project with the above mentioned username / password .  What is the discovering fs_man looking for ?

Re: Kiosk Shortcut - discovering fs_man for project

That is the project name, or specifically that bit you put after the /open=
I'm going to guess that there may be a space where it doesn't belong, a number out of sequence, or capitalization is incorrect.

I had a similar problem one day when I realized that on the nTouch 180 there was an extra space at the end of the file name that is not obvious. Once I removed the erroneous space at the end of the file name, all worked perfectly.

Make sure your file name matches EXACTLY. When I say EXACTLY I absolutely mean PRECISELY EXACTLY.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Thanks. I will double check thru everything again.  I copied the name from the web interface so might be something in there. Is there a character limit on the file name I need to watch?

No there is not a limit to the number of characters that I am aware of. However, if you have spaces in the name, then the name must be enclosed in double quotes (as you have done in your examples).

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios