Topic: Router Control with single button

I've got a 16x8 router in my current project.  One of the things I need to do is have the system recall a preset that will route different audio to different zones.  This needs to be as simple as possible for the end user, so I was hoping to have a single button that would "press" the various inputs needed on each channel.  (If that doesn't make sense, forgive me.  I've been staring at the computer for the last 12 hours)

I've tried to create a button, enabled slave wiring on the various buttons on the router, wired it, etc.  When I hit the "master" button, it only selects input #1!  No matter what button I have it wired to, it will always select input #1.  Am I missing something here?

Re: Router Control with single button

That is because the router buttons are string buttons.

If you go to the device properties of router output #1, button #1, you will see a string value of 1.

If you go to the device properties of router output #1, button #2, you will see a string value of 2.

When you connect a button which I assume is a Boolean, what is the value of the Boolean when it is on; it is 1, so the router will select input 1 for that output.

My best guess is you want several router outputs to change with the press of a single button.  I would use a Snapshot (instead of a sub-preset), and expose the load button as the single button.

But you mention preset in your post, but don't say why this is not the right solution.

Now that you have had some rest, perhaps you can explain why you need a different solution.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

It's not that I need a different solution, I just need a solution that works. smile

I'm new to the MediaMatrix systems and I am just learning. When I said "preset" I was thinking in broader terms.  Basically, I would like the users to be able to select the name of the event such as "Game Night" and have the router switch the inputs and outputs to send the right audio to the right places without them having to switch each individual in/out on the router.  (Someone will forget to switch something!)

Sorry for the delay in my response...

My suggestion is to contact us directly for this level of support, because there are too many variables on what you want to do to answer them well on the forum.

There is not enough of my time available to provide 10 different possible solutions, when only one will work.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.