Topic: N3 crashed

I have two projects running in parallel each with 3 n3s and 5 cabs.
Most of the processing occurs in the first nodes ie Node 1 for the odd side and Node2 for the even side.
They are close to their processing capacity and a couple of years ago I remember offloading a management tasks from these nodes to their seconds Node 3 and 4 respectively. I can't remember what that configuration item is but I think evidence of it is surfacing in a curious manner:

In my system
Cobranet bundles for cab ids 2001 and 2002 are assigned to Node 2, cobranet bundles for 2002 and 2004 are assigned to Node 4. The other day I walked in and found my project had crashed (Nodes 2, 4 and 6 were muted). Node 4 had a fault indicator on the front and CABs 2001 and 2002 were displaying their ids (not communicating).
When I rebooted node 4 CABs 2001 and 2002 started functioning again and the project became unmuted. (remember the bundles for 2001 and 2002 are assigned to another Nion)

Attached are the messages in the remote log at the time of the crash, sorry if the formatting makes it difficult to read.
I would appreciate any help in trying to figure out what caused this fault. I'm at a loss as to where to start, logs prior to this show no faults and the system has been working fault free for 4 or 5 days since.

Re: N3 crashed

Here's the file: I guess I didn't click Add File

Post's attachments

Attachment icon remote log.rtf 3.55 kb, 1006 downloads since 2013-12-09 

After reviewing the remote log you posted it seems pretty clear that the CM-1 card was rendered unresponsive for some reason. This has become a reasonably rare condition with the current versions of CM-1 firmware. Can you share with us the following information for the problematic NION:
CM-1 Firmware Version:
NION Firmware Version:
NWare Version:

You may want to check the CM-1 firmware version and NION firmware version in all the devices in your system to make sure they are all up to date. It would not hurt anything to check the CobraNet firmware version of the CAB's also. The easy way to do this is with CobraNet Discovery on the CobraNet network. It will readily show you in the sysDescription column the hardware revision and the firmware version for all the CobraNet hardware on the network. This would be useful to see. Also CobraNet Discovery will tell you via the errorCount column if any of the CobraNet devices on the network are having other issues which should be addressed.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

The CM-1 version on the Nions is 2.9.16
The firmware is release_1.5.0
The Nware version is 1.5.0
I can't access the CAB cm1 info at the moment because they are in use.