Topic: Nion rebooting itself

Hello all-
I have an interesting bug...
Yesterday one of our N3s randomly rebooted itself during a meeting, it was not triggered by anything, it's kept in an air conditioned server room, in a rack, not touched...
So I decided to look back into its logs to see if this has happened before and it has. for about a year this nion has been rebooting itself a few times a month, when no one is around. The strange thing is that it will happen at the same time for a few events almost like it is scheduled but the next month it will reboot at a different time. I attached a partial screen capture so you can see what I mean.

I was going to wipe the Nion and reinstall the role but before I do that wanted to get some feedback from this community.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 4.26.44 PM.png 155.34 kb, 427 downloads since 2013-07-10 

Re: Nion rebooting itself

Hmmm, very odd that it should be every two weeks on a Saturday then it shifts day in May.

Are there any Python Scripts running in the system or is there any regular maintenance of that particular rack in the server room (maybe a UPS?)

Alternatively if there's no external triggers then I can only guess it might be an internal issue of the Nion hardware (watchdog or RTC)

Cheers - Lee

Re: Nion rebooting itself

It would be very useful to see more of the remote logs from that NION. It would tell me the rest of the things I need to know:

1. What version of NION firmware are you using?
2. What version of CobraNet firmware is involved?
3. Are you using the RS-232 port for anything?
4. Do you have a lot of signal meters in your project file?
5. What version was your project file originally created with?
6. Do you have any external devices controlling the NION? (AMX, Crestron, CUE, etc... etc...)
7. Do you have any idea what the CPU Load values are in the NION over time?

I'd almost bet, dollars to doughnuts, that if you updated the NION's firmware and the CobraNet firmware to the current versions and then let me have a look at your project file and update it to the current release, we could probably make it completely stop this spurious rebooting.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios