Topic: "Could not write all variables - retry?"

Does anyone know what would cause the above error message to appear when attempting to edit the "advanced feature" menu in Disco ?.
http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/moby/variables.JPG
Cheers
M

Re: "Could not write all variables - retry?"

I'm not sure why you are experiencing issues with CobraNet Discovery. Which version of CobraNet Discovery are you using and what operating system are you using it with?

I have experienced some issues with the newer versions of CobraNet Discovery (4.x.x) working with the old 1RU CABs. However, it seems that if you switch back to using CobraNet Discovery 3.4.5 under Windows XP, everything works perfectly.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

JoshM wrote:

I'm not sure why you are experiencing issues with CobraNet Discovery. Which version of CobraNet Discovery are you using and what operating system are you using it with?

I have experienced some issues with the newer versions of CobraNet Discovery (4.x.x) working with the old 1RU CABs. However, it seems that if you switch back to using CobraNet Discovery 3.4.5 under Windows XP, everything works perfectly.

Yes I have found the same problems with Disco4 under XP and have backtracked to 3.4.5. Much better. Found I stopped getting that dialog when I upgraded the firmware in the CABs to the latest version, and was able to set the "Persistence" - but It still didn't solve my problem, which is : I want a CAB8i and a CAB8o to talk to each other without a controller. I can set them up with a controller and then unplug the controller and they continue to work fine, but if either CAB has a brief power loss, communication does not reestablish (unless I reconnect the controller). Is what I want even possible?. Where in the CAB is the configuration information held ?. Is it in the SRAM for the 8051, the Xilinx CPLDs or somewhere else (thinking of backup battery possibilities here). Any ideas appreciated.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Technically, what you want to do is possible. However, it is not offically supported nor recommended by MediaMatrix.

I believe our customer support guru Duane will be replying to your other thread. Even though this is not something that is supported nor recommended, we may be able to assist. ;-)

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios