Topic: Firmware - nTouch 180 v NION

I'm trying to faultfind a system 2 levels of "he said, they saw" remote.
As best as I can tell the NION is running 1.6.0.

The nTouch 180 WAS running 1.5.3, until it came back for repair (waaaaay out of calibration).
I upgraded it to 1.6.3 and sent it back to our dealer, who shipped it off to his customer.
Now the unit is not finding the Project, but reportedly the values on the Project page are correct.

I don't think the firmware change is the problem, but just trying to cover that possibility, given that 1.6.1 was when the nTouch180 started appearing in nWare.
thanks

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Firmware - nTouch 180 v NION

Hi Phil,

So, if I am understanding correctly, the NION is running 1.6.0; and the nTouch 180 is now running 1.6.3, and was running 1.5.3. Is this correct? How did you update the firmware on the nTouch 180? Was it via USB restore with an updated USB stick or through the online firmware update through NWare? As you know, the using the USB restore stick with an updated version of firmware is the most foolproof way to get the job done and may install some updated operating system files that were either missing or out of date on the earlier version of firmware.

All of the MediaMatrix devices need to be running the same version of NWare firmware. If you have a NION running 1.6.0 and the nTouch 180 is running 1.6.3, somehow you need to make them all the same. Either you need to bring the NION up to 1.6.3, or push the nTouch 180 back to 1.6.0. In this case I would highly recommend bringing the NION up to 1.6.3.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

And would the same apply to user PCs running Kiosk? (ie ALL should be at 1.6.3)?
Interestingly, with running multiple versions on my PC (for supporting various projects), I haven't actually bumped into problems with Kiosk not matching, but I guess there are certain releases that are critical. Without knowing which, the principle of matching is a good one.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Yes, all MediaMatrix equipment on the network that is expected to interoperate is absolutely REQUIRED to use the same version of firmware. I have seen situations where using an non-matching version of firmware resulted in the controls not being visible on the screen. The controls were still there and you could still gesture them, you just couldn't see them. This makes for a user interface that doesn't work so well. However, once the same version of firmware is loaded upon all devices, it is no longer a problem.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios