Topic: Struggling to understand how to get CAB devices into NWare project

Hi all,

Short of calling Peavey MM (It's a Sunday right now) I'm wondering if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Yes, I've read through the manuals, online help, etc. I'm still missing something.
I'm using NWare, trying to set up a project with one Nion N3, and one Cab device (at this point, any of them, as I can't get any of them to work!).

I have put the N3 in the design area. Under Audio Network configuration I select Cobranet CM1 Advanced. I click OK.

I then go to the tree on the left, under devices, and click and drag [any CAB device] into my design. For this example, we'll call it a CAB16d.

I understand at this point I need to emulate the project so I can go in and set the link ID and the audio bundle information.

I click the emulate button on the tool bar at the top. NWare automatically places me in gesture mode.

Every few seconds-a box pops up that says "Connection Status. Nion 1-discovering \" and then goes away. Sometimes the box says "connection status. Nion 1-warning"

Once I double click on the Cab16d, all the parameters are yellow. (????)

I cannot click on the id box to change the link number.

I'M STUCK!

Also-how do I get the audio input/output controls on the design surface? I think it's called the input block? this is also confusing me? please help!

Re: Struggling to understand how to get CAB devices into NWare project

Two things;

First, the Connection Status tells me that you have Pandad problems.  There is a mighty fine and informative article in the Help Files called Administrating Pandad that will tell you what can and does go wrong with Pandad and how to fix the problem.  Probably our "most recommended" document in the whole help file here at support central.

Second, you will never get the Link light or the Bundle lights to come on in emulation.  Why....you don't have a CM-1 card in your computer, do you?  So there is no path for the connection to be made.  You can setup the IDs and the Bundle values in emulation, so they will be ready when you deploy, or you can wait until you deploy.

Oh, one last thing, I don't understand your last question, so that will need to wait until the morning.

Fergy

Last edited by Fergy (2011-12-11 21:02:40)

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Re: Struggling to understand how to get CAB devices into NWare project

you have to restart pandad, ctrl-alt-del and stop it, then run the pandad.exe in your NWare directory.