Topic: iOS app

Is there any chance that once fully released and supported in nWare the iOS app could also be released in some sort of free "lite" version? This could have some restriction on the number of exported pages accessible, the amount of time that can be spent connected to the project in one sitting or a restriction on the number of usable controls. Having some free implementation would allow some of us to perform proof of concept that we could use to justify the cost of the full app to the descion makers. I want to be clear that I don't need it justified. I think it is awesome.

Last edited by mpfletcher (2011-06-16 09:00:12)

Re: iOS app

Kiosk Mode (lite version of NWare available on mm.peavey.com).

Number of pages exported....Done
Export different pages to different user...Done
Restriction on the number of usable control....Done

Perform "Proof of Concept";
Create your project in NWare, emulate your project, start NWare Kiosk Mode and select your project....Done.

Time out NWare Kiosk page....Should be able to be done using Pin Access Plugins, but I see that it is not documented in the help files.  I will see how quickly this can be added to the help files.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

NWARE MOBILE from appstore:
http://itunes.apple.com/br/app/nware-mo … 01310?mt=8

Maybe it's a little expensive  sad

Hope there is  a free or LITE version like QSC'"Q-sys  control" ...

Last edited by JianyeZ (2011-06-21 17:17:40)

Life is rough so you gotta be tough.
                                      -Johnny Cash
  smile

I would expect that for demonstration purposes, using NWare:Kiosk would be suitable.

It would be very easy to prepare the demonstration for NWare:Kiosk, then copy the controls to NWare:Mobile once you have it installed on the iOS device of choice.

I really do not see it as that big of a hurdle.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

It would just be nice to demonstrate the form factor to those who hold the purse strings. Plus what if you are running a complicated network setup and wanted to verify compatibility. One example of that that I could think of is if you are in say a theme park and do not have wireless throughout the property. Therefore you need to use the 3G connection and go through a VPN. It would be nice to know and demonstrate that all of that works before putting down $200 for the program.

I certainly do understand where you are coming from, Michael. And I do understand the desire to simply be able to hold it in the palm of your hand and see it work.

However, I should be sure to note, since you brought it up, that it DOES NOT work through the Edge/3G/4G connection and back through a VPN. It only works through the WiFi connection... currently.

So, I maintain, to simply demonstrate how it would work, NWare:Kiosk is suitable. However, if you are interested in the specific detailed requirements, you will typically buy an iPad and an nTouch 180 to go along with the NIONs you have already purchased. So, an additional $199 for the application is not that much money in comparison to what you've already spent for all of the hardware to make it work.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

No support for the 3G/VPN side yet? Ouch. I guess I would have to hold off on bringing it up anyway then.

Also, though, I would probably want to talk my superiors into letting me demonstrate using my iPad as we don't have any company ones yet (and I don't want to pay $200 to demo this to them, I don't see them spending $800 to $1000 just to see if/how it works) . I fully believe that a company should pay the full price for the product, but a demo version may be needed to talk the execs into buying 1) the iPad and 2) the app.

The free NWare Mobile DE is now available on the Apple App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/peave … d436001313

Please try it out and let us know how you get on.