Topic: noob questions

How do you create a flyoff?
How do you rename a page?
Thanks

Re: noob questions

In wire mode, click on an existing flyoff and then start to drag to the right (or left).  Once you see the line coming off of the flyoff, right click and a new flyoff will appear (release the left mouse button AFTER you right click).  You can highlight several flyoffs and do the same thing.

Now give each flyoff an unique name by clicking on the flyoff, and typing.  You can use the Expression Labeler to do many flyoffs at one time.  The easiest way is to highlight as many flyoffs as have similar names, and then do "Ctrl+Shift+x", and the formula box opens.  Now you can type in  IN.Ballroom.{1+=1} and the flyoffs will be called IN.Ballroom.1 thru how many flyoffs you selected.  The "dots" will create branches in the "Flyoff" tree.

Click on the name of the page until the name is highlighted (usually two quick clicks), now you can re-name the page.

Fergy

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

To clarify and simplify what Scott was trying to say:

Flyoffs: Get in wire mode. Left-Click and drag on any existing flyoff or wiring node as you would if you wanted to wire it to something. You should see the wire extending from the existing flyoff or wiring node. While holding down the left mouse button, click the right mouse button and an empty flyoff will be created for each flyoff/existing wiring node you started with.

I have heard of one person who had an issue with the driver for their Logitech mouse not allowing them to right-click while holding down the left mouse button. However, every mouse (PS2 and USB) and trackpad (on Laptops from Dell, Gateway, Compaq, and HP) that I have used have not had a problem.

Expression Labeling: To Expression Label flyoffs, use this key sequence: Ctrl+Shift+f
The key sequence Ctrl+Shift+x is for expression labeling a series of control alias.
The key sequence Ctrl+Shift+e is for expression labeling the name of a device.

To rename a page, simply double click on the tab. I recommend avoiding the use of the "/" character in your page naming conventions. For example I recommend using the name "I-O Flyoffs" instead of "I/O Flyoffs".

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

I know Scott really likes working in the Expression Labeler formula box,
but mostly I prefer to label the first custom flyoff THEN use Ctrl+Shift+f, and just glance at the formula.
If the first flyoff is "IN.Ballroom.1" then the formula will automagically be as above, and hitting Enter will give incremented numbers.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

phils wrote:

...mostly I prefer to label the first custom flyoff THEN use Ctrl+Shift+f, and just glance at the formula.
If the first flyoff is "IN.Ballroom.1" then the formula will automagically be as above, and hitting Enter will give incremented numbers.

Oh YES!!! This is one nifty little feature! You are exactly correct that I should have mentioned it!

Thanks Phil!

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios