Topic: CN-DSP Help

I have a AES-DSP card, a CN-DSP card, 2 DB9-DSP cards, and a CAB16o in my Main Frame system.  I want to run the Cobra-Net at 48khz/24bit with 2 2/3mS.  I know you can run a 48khz/24bit 5 1/3mS, but I need all 16 channels.  Also, the AES-DSP card in the system is seeing 24bit audio.  How can I get the CM-1 modules to keep the settings after a power cycle.  I tried in DISCO, and the cards forget.  It seems there is a bit of confusion over weather or not the CM-1 modules in the CAB16o is capable of this operation, but the CN-DSP should be right?  Is there any hope, or am I wishing?

E.B.A.  It's a way of life!

Re: CN-DSP Help

Are your CN-DSP cards version 1 or 2?  FYI, they are V2 if there is a 3 position phoenix (euro) connector on the back.

V1 DSP cards are 'reference design' and don't support the low latency modes.
V2 DSP cards utilize the CM-1 modules and will support low latency modes.
Grey CABs (8 and 16 series) are also 'reference design' and don't support low latency modes.

Having said that, it may be possible to get 2-2/3 mode to work on reference design equipment, but it's not supposed to be supported!

Regarding persistance (saving settings through a power cycle), newer versions of CN-Disco are able to do this for CobraNet settings only (bundles, sub-channel maps, etc).  If you are trying to save other settings (like output gains), it is still possible but usually only done at the 'factory' using 485 and special software to burn the EPROM.

I hope that helps!?

Last edited by Joe Kurta (2009-07-14 13:18:46)

Thanks,

Joe