Topic: Output cards "unknown"

A dealer removed the cards from an n3 while swapping things around, and eventually put them back where they were originally.
When they Deploy, it finds the Nio8ML in Slots 1,2, but does not find the Nio8o in Slots 3,4. The report is (approx.) "Nio8o expected, but unknown found".
Web Interface also sees Slots 3,4 containing "unknown" cards.

Reboot and reseating did not help.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Output cards "unknown"

Just thought I'd give an update, in case anyone cares.
Having been to site, I found that only one of the cards was crook, but it made the other card in the frame unknown.
On the bench, I put the dodgy Nio8o in an nX with a known-good Nio8i. The 8o came up "unknown" as expected, but the 8i came up as 8MLii. Whatever is up with the 8o seems to affect the other card!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the update, Phil!

It is good to know that both of the cards were not lost.

Is there any rhyme or reason to what cards it affects? Same riser or all the cards?

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Hi chaps,

While I know this is probably a physical hardware issue, we did see some cards that were shipped with wrong face plates on, but this was some considerable time ago now.

However back to the issue in hand, I think we "might" also have a problematic card here in Peavey UK for which a Nion reports a different card type.  I will double check this with a combination of other peripheral/riser cards to see if they're affected too.