Topic: Project Linker

Is it possible to use Project Linker across subnets? I'm only able to get these devices working on systems residing on the same subnet.

Re: Project Linker

It seems that the Project Linker will work across subnets when emulated on a PC with the Pandad primer pointing at the desired subnet and with the project file is actually deployed to a live Nion. Is it possible to edit the range of the NIONs discovery capabilities outside its own subnet?

I'd bet it is, probably by finding the same .xml config file as found in your PC. I'd hunt around in /opt if I were you. Of course if you do manage to change it, and the box is replaced, simply downloading the project file won't get those settings back.

Hi Eric-

As you know, it is possible to do anything with a NION... even what you want to do. However, we do not really recommend modifying any of the Linux underpinnings of the NION itself... one MAJOR issue is that when you update the firmware on the NION, that change you made to the pandad file goes away and suddenly you can not communicate anymore. A much better solution for you would be to get an nControl and do the project linking with it. The nControl can look across subnets and monitor NIONs and projects on many different subnets.

We will be accepting orders for the nControl very soon.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios