Topic: Serial Bridge with Q-Host(ControlMatrix)

Has anyone used NWare 1.5.0 with a ControlMatrix System?
I'm trying to install a PCU2 through a CAB 8i into a Q-Host, I have audio but I don't know to configure the serial bridge manually, it automatically puts the Q-Host MAC address in the TX MAC but adds an unknown MAC in the RX MAC. The CAB 8i is on-line according to the Q-Host and I have programmed for 'page codes' but have no RS485 from the PCU2 to the Q-Host.
Do I need to configure both the serial bridge and the CAB 8i if the CAB8i is configured for ControlMatrix mode? 
In either case what addresses should be in the CAB8i RX & TX MACs?  The CAB8i in ControlMode (advance option) has 2 inputs, what are these for?
I have found that the CM.Serial Bridge has 2 flyoff, RX and TX.
Any help greatly appriciated!

Re: Serial Bridge with Q-Host(ControlMatrix)

You shouldn't have to set these Mac values manually.
These values will fill in automatically providing the physical 485 network is configured correctly and the CAB Device(s) in Nware are configured and wired correctly in ControlMatrix mode.
The two flyoffs you mention should be wired to the slave nodes on the Cab Device, RX to RX and TX to TX.If you haven't got these flyoffs wired,then that is your problem.
The Serial Bridge Output values should look something like this in a successfully running system:
RX MAC - 01602bbff8500
TX MAC - 000bab093930

You say the Q-Host can see the 8i connected?? is this through a RATC Alarm?

Couple of things to be mindful of; a) make sure the RS485 Enable button is on within the CAB 485 Config and b) If you have a constant green 485 LED on the front panel of the 8i you will need to switch the + and - wires on the cab 485 pheonix/euro connector.

All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.

James,
the Bridge MACs are 'filled in' automatically and I tried hooking up the Flyoffs but could get the PCU2 on-line.  I didn't know if the 'enable' had to be off and deployed once before deploying the 8i with the MACs and it on, the CobraNet programming guide suggested that you can't change the MACs to the cobranet serial bridge while it's enabled.

The serial bridge RX MAC is identical to your example and the TX MAC is our Q-Host's.  The bridge Dynavar Baudrate is  38400 and the Format is 23, should this be changed to 22 and then back to 23 to make the MAC changes?  Should the Unicast switch in the 8i RS485 page be on or off?
I set the Q-Host to monitor the IP address (manually set for our cobranet VLAN) of the 8i as another network device and its shown as on-line.

I know there was a problem previously with NWare 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 with the serial bridge which sounds the same which is why I went to 1.5.0 assuming it had been fixed, is this the case?

Pre-NWare 1.4.4 releases had a MAC id bug. Version 1.5.0 calculates the correct values. I have tested it and it works. Remember to always check for out-of-date devices in the .npa file in NWare. NWare cannot fix what isn't updated.

HOWTO:
-Save the file under a new name then click Tools > Update all out of date devices... > Yes > SAVE THE FILE!
-Update the firmware on the NIONs by clicking Tools > Update target firmware... > select the NIONs for update >  Update selected.
-Once the NIONs have been updated, deploy the file normally.

As for MAC addresses, all CABs should have an Rx MAC of 01602bff8500 and the Tx MAC is the Q-Host's CobraNet interface. CAB serial bridging flyoffs are wired Tx to Tx on the CAB and likewise with Rx. You do not need to enable raw MAC addressing in the NWare CAB device. Configure it for ControlMatrix only and use the serial bridging flyoffs.

If you are using a CAB4n with a CM-1 module for serial bridging, flip the RS-485 wiring polarity for it to work with ControlMatrix devices. Legacy CABs do not need the polarity flip.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. -Socrates