Topic: Macintosh

Has anyone had success with running NWare, and connecting to hardware from withing Parallels or Virtual Machines on a Mac?
We've seen NWare run, but haven't figured out how to get the network side working.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Macintosh

Hi all,
I had 2 guys in NION training this week who were running Macs: one quite technically hip, the other less so.
Both were able to install NWare and discover and connect to hardware.
Here are their stories, in case anyone else is interested:

BootCamp

What I was running on my Mac was…. OS is OSX 10.5 Leopard which has an inbuilt program called Boot Camp – file path for Boot Camp is…. Applications-Utilities-Boot Camp Assistant.app following the instructions all that needs to be done is create a partition minimum of 10gig no lower one that has finished and re-booted go back to Boot Camp and select the start windows installer option and follow instructions.

Must have Windows XP disk
Important to back up before hand (using Macs Time machine) or another app
Internet connection as there are a couple of updates/patches from Mac website that fix a couple of bugs

Once installed to access press power button then hold down alt option key till the option of both partitioned OS are available select the XP hit enter and away you go.

Parallels

I run Parallels on the Mac with Vista installed.  The Parallels runs pretty easily but my problem is that I don’t know anything about Vista because I really only run EASRA and EASE.
When I first installed it, it took a while to get the sound card recognised, but after a couple of boots and resetting, Vista seems to remember it.  It’s odd that, the way you reboot a couple of times and all of a sudden the paths are cleared. The only thing to look at in Parallels is the interface to the peripherals.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw