Topic: Feedback Ferret

I figure that the Help info is borrowed from MWare, as it refers to accessing the wiring which is inaccessible (Schematic tab is locked).

What do the 2 device properties (band count, filter count) mean? Default is 11 and 16 respectively??

To reduce dsp usage, it would be good to reduce the number of bands to say 4 or 8, given that after initial room tuning during commissioning, most values will need to be saved into another PEQ to make them non-volatile

One thing that was never thought through is the fact that MM (inc NION) is primarily an installed system, so it would be nice to be able to more easily lock filters so they are sustained through a compile, rather than reset.

Any thoughts?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Feedback Ferret

Filter count is how many Parametric filters are available to the Ferret.  You are right about moving the filters to a standard PEQ, and then reducing the filter count on the Ferret.  The Band Count refers to how many divisions the entire 20 to 20k Hz bandwidth is divided.  The more bands being used, the faster the response to a problem.  So if the Ferret is being used with a flown cluster, just a few bands would do the job (feedback would grow slowly, giving plenty of time to respond.  However, if it is being used with a stage stack, one that could be walked in front of, more bands would be the only way to have a chance of staying ahead of feedback.  However, these band devices use a lot of DSP.  I have found that 7 bands and 9 filters work very well.

I like the changes that Gert made to this device as it was imported to NWare from MWare, gives us just another trick to pay with that can make the difference on a really tight Project.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Thanks Scott,
I found that I have to change Control Properties of the filter settings (Control Accepts User Input) before I could select them (in multiples) to copy to a PEQ. Is this right?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Yep

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.