Topic: Wiring multiple connections

If I drop a device in that has multiple I/O points, go to wire mode, click and drag to the left or right, I get all of the block's inputs or output connections at once. Now create a DSP block, place some labels on it(to number its I/O for instance) and group the labels with the DSP block. Trying to grab the block in wiring mode now just moves the block instead of grabbing the associated I/O points.

Re: Wiring multiple connections

It turns out that you actually cannot make a wire originating from a block that is a group. Any wiring must start elsewhere and wire to it. Trying to originate a wire from such a block results in Nware switching to the edit mode cursor and then proceeding to allow you to move the block around.

Jason,

I've seen this too - very frustrating.  To clarify, it's a new feature with 1.4.3.  Previous versions didn't do this!

Thanks,

Joe

No, it is not a new feature.  It started in 1.2.X, and was fixed for awhile, and now it has returned.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Here's another quirk with grouped blocks. Consider a DSP block grouped with some I/O labels as described above. Open the block and the block's color is muted(greyed) as usual. Now close the block using the 'X' in the corner of the window. The block stays muted until you move your cursor over it, gesture  some other control, etc. This differs from ungrouped blocks that return to their normal color(or colour for you Oxford folk) automatically when the box is closed.