Topic: NIO 8i gain

I was messing with the input sensitivity and noticed that the 3dBu setting does not work correctly. It should produce a 3dB higher digital level than the 6dBu setting but was much lower. I am using Nware 1.4.2.

Re: NIO 8i gain

This was supposed to be fixed.  If you started with an earlier version of software, try doing an update of the NioNode.  If that doesn't fix the problem, then try replacing the NioNode with a new one, just to make sure that the NIO-Card drivers are the new ones.  Let us know the results, we may need to have Oxford make sure 1.4.2 is pulling the right driver during the install.

Jason, I know you know how to do this last, but let me make sure others know the process;
First, do a "save as", so if something goes wrong, you can get back to existing state.

Now, bring in the new NioNode with the same I-O and CobraNet as the old, but giving it a unique name (don't forget any GPIO).  Emulate, and then move all control settings from the old to the new.  If you have any GPIO, do a CUT and PASTE from the old to the new (Ctrl X, and then a Ctrl V) of anything that may be connected the GPIO.  Now remove the old NioNode and rename the new NioNode to the correct name.

Now you are ready to emulate or deploy.  Just to be sure, double-check your flyoffs.  They should be be in the same status (black or green lines) as they were before the replacement.  If not, do an undo (Ctrl Z is our friend) to bring back the old NioNode, and try to figure out what you may have done wrong.

Last edited by Fergy (2008-08-10 02:17:25)

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Re: NIO 8i gain

I checked it. NWare indicates +3 but the actual sensitivity is +15. Sounds like the pad is being engaged when it shouldn't be.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. -Socrates