Topic: Project Error

Hi!

We are getting this error repeatedly:

"Error opening project <x>: archive_t error: file C:\Program Files\MediaMatrix\NWare 1.4.0\temp\<x> error: damaged or not a zip file"

We also get the same message immediately following with the header "Error: Parse Cmd Line:"

We are seeing this on v1.2.6, v1.4.0, v1.4.2. All files were created on one cpu but using first 1.2.6 and then later 1.4.2 (because we knew the first thing you'd recommend is to upgrade ;o). Once we get this error, the file cannot be opened on any cpu in our office using any of the three versions mentioned...

Can you help us...we don't want to lose any more hours of work!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Dave

Re: Project Error

The Project may have become a corrupt file.  However, before we abandon all hope, let me ask you to check one thing.  Before starting NWare, go to the folder shown in the error report; (EDIT TEXT, PLEASE SEE BELOW CORRECTIONS), and delete anything that is in this folder (if NWare has not run since you started the computer, nothing should be in this folder).

Occasionally, NWare will not shut down correctly, and will leave a file in this folder.  Untitled files will be the most often file found here, as we hurry the process of shutting down NWare, but other factors will sometimes leave files here after the project has closed.  Because you don’t know it has happened until the file is opened the next time, I can never remember what I may have done to cause the problem, or I would tell you “don’t do this…"

However, since you have tried to open this file on other computers, I suspect this is not the problem, but give it a try on the original computer.  Otherwise, send it off to us, and we can take a try at figuring out may be corrupt in the npa file.

Good luck

A recent post from Andy made me realize that the above file location is not correct, so I want to edit this into this post.

Here are the correct locations for temp files, both Vista and pre-Vista;

Windows XP   
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MediaMatrix\NWare [version]\temp\[project file name].[reference number]

Windows Vista   
C:\ProgramData\MediaMatrix\NWare [version]\temp\[project file name].[reference number]

Last edited by Fergy (2008-08-20 01:13:13)

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

We have gone through and tried to isolate the behavior. The corruption seems to correlate to working on files that are on our network attached storage server. When we open a file on the server, if we emulate and then save and close we cannot re-open the file...it is corrupted. The other telltale is that the file size doubles on save when this occurs and often (but not every time) the temp folder does not get cleared properly. When are working on the local HD we don't see this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Dave

I tried to duplicate the problem on one Windows and two UNIX servers but it worked fine every time. Your NAS server could have a configuration error causing odd file saving behavior. It could be in the way the server handles zipped archives.

Last edited by ivorr (2008-08-12 14:44:24)

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. -Socrates

Please re-read my post for corrections

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.