Topic: nion n3 + pagematrix + xcontrol

This thread appeared on the old forums.peavey.com
Made me think that now the RS232 port has moved to the back, it would be cool to run 2 instances of PASHA.
I guess it's not an issue on bigger systems and it could be done with Python, but I'm thinking of the little guy. We still sell into a lot of single-box installations.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: nion n3 + pagematrix + xcontrol

You can!!  Josh was testing this just this past Friday.  You make a new copy the Serial Server on the NioNode Schematics page.  The reason he was testing it was because I said it must be the same protocol, and he said it didn't.  Well, he was right, the RS-485 was connected to X-Controls (and using PASHA X-Controls), and the RS-232 was connected to a PageMatrix Command Center (and was using PASHA PageMatrix).

I still don't believe that piond can work with both PASHA and RATC on separate serial ports, but I was wrong about the first....But it can work with PASHA on serial and RATC on the IP.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.