Topic: Nio-AES card Issues

I was working with the Nio-AES card today and I came across these issues.

1. Flyoff Creation
When the Nio-AES card is selected as a card in the NioNode, a box opens to select whether the connections are inputs or outputs. After this is completed, if the "Flyoff" tab is inspected, all 16 input and 16 output flyoffs will be found. I would have expected to find the flyoffs existing as I selected some channels to be inputs and some to be outputs.

2. Noise from unconnected inputs.
It seems that when there is no input device connected to the physical input, there is an inordinate amount of noise present. A work-around (or Band-Aid, if you will) would be to connect the "Error" light on the input tab to a mute in a gain control on the inputs such that when the input is in the "Error" state, the input is muted. I would have expected that if it was in the "Error" state, no sound would pass anyway.

3. NION Front Panel Meters
When there is a Nio-AES card in a slot on the NION, the front panel meters are fully displaced, all the time. I would have expected them to show the actual incoming audio level, or at the very least, only be full scale when there is actually something connected to the input/output.

I would be interested to know if anyone has any thoughts.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Re: Nio-AES card Issues

I've only had a quick play with Nio-AES, and did discover all 3 issues.
Sorry I didn't report it: I hoped to get back and do a bit more research first.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Nio-AES card Issues

I can confirm 1 and 3.  I reverted to 1.2.6 and these issues were still present so this appears to not be a new bug.  I'll add it to the database.