Topic: Logic Probe

Hi,

The systems that I have worked on recently have for various reasons consisted of trivial audio processing, but complex control logic.

In debugging these systems it would have been very very useful to have had a logic probe to complement the excellent audio probe.
I can achieve this by building my own multiway indicator block and then wiring it up before compilation, however the real power in a proble is being able to move the monitoring points while the system is running and not having to recompile when you need to check an additional point. In systems with 15min+ compilation time this can make logic debugging extremely time consuming.

Other systems on the market have indicators built in to the graphics of audio devices, which would be a start in Nware, but due to NWares power, which allows you to use values and strings etc, simple indicators woudl only be sufficent for boolean logic devices.

Ideally I would like a 10way logic probe, so that you could monitor 10 different locations at the same time, with the monitoring points being displayed as indicators AND the string representation of the same thing. It is likely that the monitoring points would be on different 'pages' of the design, so I would like to be able to see all of the 'probed' points values at the same time.

Re: Logic Probe

YES!  I second the motion.  As with the Audio probe, 1 channel should be enough if we can put in more than one and copy it's controls out to a single page - or multiple channels would be cool too.

Either way a logic probe would rock!

Thanks,

Joe