Topic: Enabling 232 Port for control

Over the last few weeks i've had several End users contact me asking how to free up the 232 port for Control. Seems by default the serial Port is enabled for Kernel Console. The message "port is in use as kernel console" will display in the status box within the Nionode>Pasha Tab.

To disable Console mode, launch the Web Interface and follow Special===>advanced, this will bring you to the Front Serial port setting. Uncheck the Console enabled box and select the "set" button, you will be prompted with a security login pop up, enter Username - superuser no password. Reboot the nion for settings to take affect.

There maybe other methods to carry this out.

All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.

Re: Enabling 232 Port for control

We've found this too.
Could I suggest that Console NOT enabled should be the way units ship?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

We are getting this task back on the checklist to occur before shipping.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Our last shipment (n3, nX32) still have Console Enable checked.
fyi

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw