Topic: User Devices in Vista

Just when I was beginning to think that Vista was not that bad, it proved me wrong once again...

It took me almost an hour to find the location to move my NWare user devices from my old XP laptop (oh, how I miss XP) to my new Vista laptop.  It is a super secret folder, because the only way to get to the "appdata" folder is to type appdata into the address window.

So others will find it easier, here is the full address;

C:\Users\ (your user name goes here) \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\MediaMatrix\NWare 1.4.2 \plugins\nware\user_devices

Be sure you change "NWare 1.4.2" to the version of NWare you are using.  If needed, you can move your "user Scripts" to the xml folder that is just below the user_devices folder.

I had to create a test user device, and then do a search for the device, and then poke around Windows Help until I found the answer.  I don't know if less than admin rights will allow you to do this task, as that is the only permissions I have set up on this new laptop.

You know, when we all finally get used to Vista, we will probably all just love it...Yeah, right, then someone will wake me up  ;-)

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.