Topic: Introducing the stunning new MediaMatrix website

A quick announcement to notify everyone that the brand-spanking-new MediaMatrix website will be placed online June 18th to coincide with the opening day at infoComm08.

There is no Flash. There are no Active-X devices. We do not need this junk to clutter up our amazing new website!

There is a link to this forum. This forum is referred to as the "Advanced MediaMatrix Forum". This differentiates it from the "General MediaMatrix Forum" which has existed at the Peavey website for ages.

There are installations listed in the website. If you want your installation added to the list, please contact me as I need to gather some information from you.

While it is not 100% complete (when is a website EVER 100% complete? when the owners of said website don't care to update it anymore!) it has reached substantial completion. There will most likely be some issues with formatting of a couple of the pages and the order of how some downloads are listed in the "Software" section. We are working to fix these issues but I think everyone should be pretty impressed with the new layout and the considerably easier navigation.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts about the new site. While I have spent a rather significant amount of time working with our web department to get this hammered out, I'm sure we probably missed something. Please let me know what you find! Likewise, if you have anything you would like to share, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Re: Introducing the stunning new MediaMatrix website

JoshM wrote:

There is no Flash. There are no Active-X devices. We do not need this junk to clutter up our amazing new website!

You mean you're website actually will have relevant content instead of bandwidth hogging, non-browser interoperable, utterly frustrating to navigate and generally worthless eye candy? Who would ever want to visit such a site I cannot imagine!!

Time to fire up lynx....

jvalenzuela wrote:
JoshM wrote:

You mean you're website actually will have relevant content instead of bandwidth hogging, non-browser interoperable, utterly frustrating to navigate and generally worthless eye candy?

Yeah, pretty amazing, eh? We have tried to roll all the software bits and pieces that were scattered around on the old website and tried to put them together in a single location so you don't have to hunt and peck around for everything you need. Even the disk images for the old 16-bit MWare are up there.

However, while maintaining all this functionality, the site looks very nice. Even though I am no graphic designer, apparently we have some that work in the web department. Anyone who will be at the infoComm08 show can see the new site in our booth. We will have a web server set up to serve up the page, but there will not be any access to the real intar-toobz.

jvalenzuela wrote:

Who would ever want to visit such a site I cannot imagine!!

Time to fire up lynx....

Yeah, I'm not sure who would want to visit a site with no Java and Active-X junk... but I think you will agree it's still pretty sharp looking.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

...what's a website?

But seriously - nice site!!

Thanks,

Joe

gee whiz Joe...

With all this tech-y talk going on around here, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up.

And now it is being spread throughout the intar-toobz??? oh noes!

I just hope it will work as well on the other internets on my computer.

You know, I have the Foxfire Internet and the Internet Explorer and the Opera Internet and the Safari Internet and the Lynx Internet etc... etc... etc...

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios